Welcome to the Qigong Foundation Practices online training course.
Qigong Foundation Practices (QFP) is an excellent place to begin your qigong training. The course is based primarily around online video instruction. In this course you will learn the basics of:
- Qigong history and theory
- Focus and meditation for qigong
- Breathing for qigong
- Stance and posture for qigong
- Energy Awareness
The main focus of the course is a set of twelve moving exercises, one for each of the main organs and meridians in the Chinese medical system. These exercises, while simple are incredibly sophisticated. They will give you a deep understanding of the relationship between posture and movement, emotion and mindstate, and the functioning of your internal organs. These exercises will be a tool to increasing your health and wellbeing and will provide you with a boost of energy whenever you need it.
There are several downloadable documents that you will find useful as you study this course.
- Organ and meridian charts. This document contains charts which will give you a general idea of the location of the organs and meridians. The document is laid out as A5 pages, so you will be able to print out two pages per sheet if you are using an A4 printer. You can download the document here: Meridian and Organ Charts
- Practice Journal. This document contains pages for you to record your experiences as you learn and practice the exercises contained in this course. Writing down your experiences helps you to distill for yourself the lessons and insights that you gain as you practice. You will find that your learning is enhanced as you do this. Recording your practice sessions also helps you to maintain your own personal accountability and will help you to practice regularly. Finally, completed practice journals are required for those students who would like to seek instructor certification at a later date. This document is laid out as A4 pages. You can download the document here, pdf: Practice Journal Word document: QFP Practice Log
You can buy this book from the book depository here
Or from Amazon.com here:
The course material is organized by week on the following pages. Click on the links to take you to the section you are up to:
- Introductory Material
- Week One – Establishing Your Practice
- Week Two – Posture and Awareness
- Week Three – Following the Movements
- Week Four & Five – Remembering the Movements
- Week Six & Seven – Refining the Movements, Awareness of the Organs and Meridians
- Week Eight – Emotions, Posture and Organ Function
- Week Nine – Exploring the Movements, Yin and Yang
- Week Ten – Review
- Week Eleven & Twelve – Integrating Your Practice
- QFP Extras
If you would like to make a donation to support this online course go to our Donate page here.
Enjoy the course!