This week we will be focusing on the quality of the energy in your body and energy field and working to make sure it is healthy and balanced. We will do this by using the colours in the electromagnetic spectrum in our meditation.
This Week’s Meditation – Colour Spectrum
- Get into a comfortable position for your meditation
- Begin your session with a few minutes of breathing in an 8:4:8:4 rhythm (refer to week one instructions if necessary)
- Imagine your whole body filling with bright, clear, red light. Let it start in your centre at your dantien and spread to fill your entire body, from the soles of your feet to the top of your head and palms of your hands.
- Keep filling your body with this red light for several breaths, then let this colour clear and fill your body with bright, clear, orange light.
- Repeat this process in the order of the visible electromagnetic spectrum. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet and finally white.
- Sit and enjoy being filled with white (full spectrum) light for a few breaths
- Finish by returning your awareness to your dantien and breathing in an 8:4:8:4 rhythm
- Once you are comfortable filling your body with all the colours of the spectrum, move on to filling your body and the sphere of your energy field with these colours.
Light is one aspect of the energy we produce as part of our ‘qi’ or life force energy. This life force energy can have different qualities. The different colours in the spectrum correlate with different aspects of our bodies functioning, emotions and other aspects of our lives. To be truly healthy we want to have all portions of the spectrum clean clear and bright.
This is often not the case for individuals due to illness or other issues. We sometimes talk about someone being ‘off colour’ when they are unwell as their physical colouring will look a bit different. The same goes for our energy colour. By going through and making sure that all of our colours are clean and clear and combining them into a full spectrum white, we give ourselves and energy health check and can also correct any problems that may have occurred.
To begin with you may not be able to go all the way through all the colours of the spectrum. It may be that you don’t have the energy and concentration to go all the way through the colours or that you just need practice, or it could also be that you have issues with some of the aspects of your energy, body or emotions that relate to some of the colours. If you find that you can’t get a colour to radiate clearly in your mind’s eye, work on it for a few minutes and then finish your meditation session. Each session do the preceding colours and then work on the colour you have difficulty with for a few minutes until you find that it does come through clearly before moving on to the next colour. You will find that if you do this you will quite quickly resolve any issues and get all your colours radiating clearly (this will likely take more than one week for many though).
The shades of colour that we want to picture in our minds eye for this meditation are the shades of diffracted full spectrum light. These are the colours of the rainbow, or the colours of light diffracted through a prism. If any of the colours appear dark or murky in your mind’s eye, again stick with working up to and on that colour until it runs clear before moving on to the next one (even if the one you are stuck on is the very first one – red).