This week we will begin preparation for intentionally directing energy through our body. We will do this by practicing a series of postures that we will later also apply breath and intention to in order to begin directing energy. For now our focus is simply to become centred and comfortable within the postures.
Begin with your normal warm-up.
- Posture One: Wuji
- Posture Two: Place both hands on the lower abdomen
- Posture Three: Both hands together in front of you with the palms facing down
- Posture Four: Both hands separated in front of you with the palms facing down
- Posture Five: Both hands extended to the sides at shoulder height, palms facing outwards
- Posture Six: One hand high above your head with your palm facing up, your other hand low in front of you with the palm facing down. Repeat with hands in opposite positions.
- Posture Seven: Both hands together in front of you (repeat of posture three)
- Posture Eight: Both hands on the lower abdomen (repeat of posture two)
- Posture Nine: Wuji (repeat of posture one)
You can count your breaths to regulate the time you spend in each posture, similar to previous exercises.
Finish with your usual cooldown.